News Jacques Villeneuve
home / news

Villeneuve to compete in the FIA Formula E 2015 / 2016 Championship

13th, August, 2015

Jacques Villeneuve has signed to compete in the 2015 / 2016 FIA Formula E Championship with the Venturi Formula E Team.

 

The 1997 Formula 1 World Champion will partner Stephane Sarrazin at the team for the second Formula E campaign.

"This is the first time in several years that I will participate in a full championship," said Villeneuve, who tested for the team in France last week. It had been 10 years since I had driven on that kind of track with a single-seater, but it's like riding a bike, you never forget.”

"Last season each time I met drivers from Formula E they were saying it is a really interesting championship. I am excited because the atmosphere in the team is great and that has a very big influence." said Villeneuve.

Venturi Automobiles CEO Gildo Pastor added: "It is a true pleasure to welcome Jacques Villeneuve - he is the first Formula 1 world champion to join Formula E as a driver. In addition to his 1997 title and his numerous victories in F1, no-one has forgotten his victory in the Indianapolis 500 or in the IndyCar series.”

"He grew up in Monaco, we crossed paths many times in childhood, so he will be at home with Venturi. I am very happy with the experienced and talented duo of Jacques and Stephane."

The 2015 / 20116 FIA Formula E Championship starts in Beijing, China on the weekend of October 17 / 18, 2015.

 

« back to news index

 

Share




» Join my RSS news feed